People who live in Mason, Ohio enjoy some of the highest quality of life available in the U.S. Mason regularly lists of the best places to live in Ohio. It has been named to Money Magazine’s list of best places to live in the country multiple times! In fact, as the Journal-News reported, Mason climbed that list to recently land at #7.
Some of the factors that make Mason such a great place to live are excellent schools, low crime and unemployment rates, and strong levels of community involvement. Another reason frequently mentioned in surveys of livability is the high number of attractions and fun things to do in Mason, Ohio.
Mason, Ohio Loves to Celebrate
The Mason calendar brims with longstanding city festivals. Three of the biggest and most popular are:
- Red, Rhythm and Boom – The yearly Independence Day celebration featuring art, live music, exhibitor booths, a huge variety of good things to eat and drink, and, of course, a spectacular fireworks display.
- Heritage Festival and Parade – Every autumn, Mason celebrates with a family friendly event complete with a carnival, kids’ activities, crafts, vendors, live music, and a parade.
- Christmas in Mason – Another Mason tradition, this holiday festival features another parade, dazzling decorations and light displays, carriage rides, and of course a visit from Santa!
Mason, Ohio is located in Ohio’s Largest Playground
Warren County, where Mason is located, is known as “Ohio’s Largest Playground.” According to the Convention and Visitors Bureau, “There’s more to do in a 30-mile radius of Warren County than anywhere else in Ohio!”
Here are a few of the Warren County attractions located in Mason:
- Kings Island – The largest amusement park in the Midwest
- The Beach Waterpark – a 35-acre park with a wave pool, multiple slides, and a zip line
- The Great Wolf Lodge – Winner of USA Today’s “Best Indoor Water Park”
Golf Courses and Parks
In addition to amusement parks, Mason, Ohio brims with beautiful public parks and easily accessible golf courses. Go for a jog on a lovely trail, or unwind with a game of golf. Mason’s parks department also offers a variety of athletic facilities and a full calendar of activities for the whole family. Learn more here on the City of Mason, Ohio’s website.
Craft Beer Lovers and Foodie Delights
Craft beer is booming in Ohio and Mason is on board. It’s enjoying a burgeoning craft beer scene with three award-winning local craft breweries: Sonder Brewing, The Common Beer Company, and 16 Lots Brewing Company.
As for eating out, you can find any type of world cuisine you crave in Mason, Ohio. It’s home to famous BBQ places and a winner of Best Burger in Cincinnati (the Quatman Cafe). Plus, there are restaurants devoted to Indian, Thai, Chinese, Japanese, Mexican, Mediterranean, Italian, and Asian cuisine.
We’ve only scratched the surface of all the fun things to enjoy in Mason, Ohio. It’s easy to see why this city is widely considered one of the best places to live! Want to call Mason home? Check out our Crooked Tree Preserve.
IMAGE: Pxhere / CC0 Public Domain